• Complete and place this checklist on top of your application.
  • Consult our website for forms and instructions, including a list of countries whose nationals require a visa:
  • Any document not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
  • Failure to submit all required documentation may result in the refusal of your application or delay processing.
  • False statements or submission of fraudulent documents will result in immediate refusal and may lead to legal action against you.
  • All documents submitted in support of your application must be original (photocopies are not acceptable).
  • After submission of all required documents you may be required to attend an interview or medical exam.
  • Any preparations you make or expenses you incur are done entirely at your own risk.
  • Do not finalize travel plans unless you have received your visa from the Deputy High Commission of Canada to Nigeria in Lagos.

You must submit the following:                                                                                                                       a

Application Form (IMM 5257).

  • Each applicant and each accompanying family member must complete, date and sign their own application.
  • Applicants who are under the age of 18 years must have their form signed by a parent or guardian.
  • List your spouse/common-law partner and ALL your children under 18 years of age (or still dependent)

on the IMM 5257 Form, even if they do not need a visa or are not accompanying you. If you have

more than 3 family members, fill additional copies of the IMM 5257 Form.

  • Answer every question. If not applicable, write N/A. Make sure you include your mailing address, reliable phone contact, and email address (if you aggre to e-mail communications.
  • It is advisable to fill out the new forms electronically and submit a print-out of your computer-generated

forms including the 2D barcode page.

Family Information Form (IMM 5645)

All applicant aged 18 years or older must complete and sign their own.

Two passport photographs for yourself and each family member requesting a visa, with the name printed on the

back, dated and taken in the past 6 months.

Processing fee – Ensure that you have paid the correct non- refundable fee In Naira (bank draft only) and payable

In Lagos to the “Canadian Deputy High Commission”, The number of the passport of the principal applicant must

Be printed on the back of the draft. Please provide separate draft for each applicant with the passport Number of

The principal applicant printed on the back of each draft.

Original passport for yourself and each family member requesting a visa. Each passport should:

  • be accompanied with a copy of the passport bio-data page (i.e the page with the name, photo, place of birth, date of issue, etc.)
  • show that you are a citizen or lawfully admitted to your country of residence (e.g study permit, work permit)
  • have a minimum of two blank visa pages and minimum 6 months validity.

Previous passport (S) showing travel history.

Explain the purpose of your trip – details of your itinerary indicating length of stay, destination and contacts.

You must provide a provisional airline booking.

Invitation from the person or business you will visit stating visit dates, duration, purpose and contact information.

Information related to the immigration status of the host in Canada is voluntary. Should the host volunteer this

Information, they may provide a copy of their landing document, Citizenship Certificate or Canadian passport bio-

Data page (i.e the page with their name, photo, place of birth, date of issue, etc.),

Study permit or work permit, or Resident card.

Proof of funds

  • If you are self-funded, you must submit evidence of sufficient funds to cover your travel and expenses

While in Canada. Evidence includes: a certified bank statement with three months history including one

Month prior to or the same month as your application submission, or investments, in your name, or

business name.


  • If you are invited, your host in Canada may voluntarily provide financial documents such as recent bank

statements for savings accounts, short term and/or long deposits that show their name, from the

individual (S) providing you financial assistance for your program. The letter must indicate their

employment; their occupation; their relationship to you, their number of dependents and full contact

details. For extended family member sponsorship please include proof of relationship (such as family

tree, photos, proof or prior financial support of your  education to date if applicable, etc.)


from the employer of the individual (s) provide you  financial assistance for your program. Employer

contact details and full street address of business location.

Proof of Business if you are self employed. Provide business registration, tax clearance certificates, trade

Certificates, license and financial documents. (certified business bank statement with 6 month history up to

Application submission date.)

Proof of employment- letter from your current or past employer and payslips (last 3 months). Employment

Letter dated within 2 month of the application indicating occupation, job description, position, salary, allowances,

Dates of employment, and authorized leave dates.

Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificates for each family member whether or not they are requesting a visa.

Custodianship documents are required for students who are under the age of majority in Canada.

The age of majority is 18 in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan.

The age of majority is 19 in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Northwest Territories,

Nunavut and Yukon.

Minor applicants  under 18 years of age, travelling with only one parent or without parents, need custody

Documents from the other parent or both parents, as applicable.

Custodian Declaration – All minor applicants must supply a notarized declaration, signed by the parents or legal

Guardian in the country of origin and signed by the custodian in Canada, starting arrangements have been made

For the custodian to act in place of the parent (S).

Children must also have a school leave letter, if applicable.

If you would like Citizenship and immigration Canada (CIC) to release information from your case file to someone.

Other than yourself, you must authorize us by completing Authority to release personal information to a

Designated individual (IMM 5475).

If someone is assisting you in completing your application or you would like someone to do business with our

Office on you behalf, complete. Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476).




































Leave a Reply

Note: Comments on the web site reflect the views of their authors, and not necessarily the views of the bookyourtravel internet portal. Requested to refrain from insults, swearing and vulgar expression. We reserve the right to delete any comment without notice explanations.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are signed with *